Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 6

Dear Mom and Dad back on the farm,

            Greetings from somewhere over the rainbow! I don’t think that we’re in Minnesota anymore Toto, we seem to have landed in a mysterious land where people do science all of the time and sing whilst staring at square light boxes called computers.  They seem to get up early and do science. Then they follow that with more science. They then continue scienceing… When they aren’t sciencing they are eating exotic, bright colored things. I am hungry.
            These strange little men seem to enjoy showtunes while they work. Just Let It Go… They take very few breaks, but when they do they argue about pointless things like whether bamboo is a tree. They continue to science all the day long, until they hear the lollypop guild (Pablo) call for lunch. They seem to yawn a lot whilst staring at their slow computers with slow internet and slow… everything. I love it J
            They voted to avoid a hike today in order to continue their scientific art. They spent all afternoon bioinformating and sequencing, whatever that is. They took a small break for Ice Cream (THANKS PABLO!!!!). Toto, stop barking at every motorcycle! TOTO!
            Okay, I’m back. They haven’t yet moved from their computers. Although there is now a large number of them laying on the ground… A magical lady who seems to know everything told me that I should follow a path through the woods, so I did! I found lizards, and tree trunks, and bugs, oh my! The wicked witch (broken bridge) told me to turn around halfway through, and my little dog too. So I did. I took lots of pictures though! Blurry pictures of iguana like things, glass frogs, tree frogs, spiders, and mushrooms galore!
            The witch melted in the rainstorm, so I was able to make it back to all the little people doing science. They seem to have no intention of sleeping tonight. They say the Wizard finally gave them the brains to understand Bioinformatics, the courage to face spiders bigger than their face, and the heart to blog. SCIENCE!! Science, scienczzzzz… SCIENCE!
            Good Night all you people over the rainbow! I will be clicking my heels in a few days!

            Dorothy (Ben and Kyle)








      





No comments:

Post a Comment